Telephone: (516) 888-6048
This is the privacy notice of “Cornerstone Strategies, LLC.” In this document, “we”, “our”, “us” or “Company” refers to Cornerstone Strategies, LLC.
Our registered address is at 110 ½ N. Grand St, PO Box 104, Chariton, IA 50049, USA.
This is a notice to inform you of our policy about all information that we record about you. It sets out the conditions under which we may process any information that we collect from you, or that you provide to us. It covers information that could identify you (“personal information”) and information that could not. In the context of the law and this notice, “process” means collect, store, transfer, use or otherwise act on information.
We regret that if there are one or more points below with which you are not happy, your only recourse is to leave the Site immediately.
- We take seriously the protection of your privacy and confidentiality. We understand that all visitors to the Site are entitled to know that their personal data will not be used for any purpose unintended by them, and will not accidentally fall into the hands of a third party.
- We undertake to preserve the confidentiality of all information you provide to us, and hope that you reciprocate.
- Our policy strives to comply with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) as well as laws applicable in the United States.
- The law requires us to tell you about your rights and our obligations to you in regard to the processing and control of your personal data. In addition to this policy, you can find out more at https://gdpr-info.eu/.
- Except as set out below, we do not share, or sell, or disclose to a third party, any information collected through our website.
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE PRACTICES
What basic information do we collect? In operating the Site or otherwise offering the Service, we may include registration, online surveys, and other online forms that ask users to provide their names, email addresses, and message.
COOKIES AND DO NOT TRACK
The Site does not use any automated means of data collection such as cookies (small text files that a website can send to a user’s browser for storage on the hard drive) or web beacons (small strings of code that deliver a graphic image on a Web page or in an email message for the purpose of transferring data). Some of our third party partners do; refer to our Third Party Partner statement for additional information.
Most browsers are set to accept cookies, but you can change your browser setting to block cookies. Although disabling cookies will not interfere with your ability to access the Site, you may need to accept cookies to use some of our third party partners’ services. You can also disable the ability of Web beacons to capture information by blocking cookies.
WHAT DOES THE COMPANY DO WITH COLLECTED INFORMATION?
(a) PERSONAL INFORMATION. We will not share your personal information with any third parties without your consent, except as necessary to provide you with the services offered by us or to comply with the law. We may use your personal information to verify your identity or to check your qualifications. We may also use your contact information to inform you of any changes to the Site or Service, or to send you additional information about Company.
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. You can opt out of these emails at any time.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, or mail.
- We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
- We may use the information to provide products or services you have ordered to you.
(b) DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION. We may disclose personal information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to (1) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on the Company or its parent company, subsidiaries or affiliates, (2) protect and defend the rights or property of the Company or the users of the Site or Service, or (3) act under exigent circumstances to protect the safety of the public or users of the Site or Service.
(c) BUSINESS TRANSITION. In order to accommodate changes in our business, we may sell or buy portions of our company or other companies or assets, including the information collected through this Site or otherwise collected in connection with the Service. If the Company or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will be one of the assets transferred to the acquirer.
(d) ACCESS TO INFORMATION. If you live in an EEA member state, you may contact us at email@example.com to obtain information regarding how and why we process your data as required by the GDPR. Anyone may request that we remove all information about you from our database by contacting us as described below.
(e) UNSOLICITED INFORMATION. If you choose to use one of our contact email addresses or the Contact Us form to send us any information not discussed above or protected by law, we are not responsible for keeping that information private.
REMOVAL OF YOUR INFORMATION
If you wish us to remove personally identifiable information from our records, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This may limit the service we can provide to you.
VERIFICATION OF YOUR INFORMATION
When we receive any request to access, edit or delete personally identifiable information we will first take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you access or otherwise taking any action. This is important to safeguard your information.
RETENTION PERIOD FOR PERSONAL DATA
Except as otherwise mentioned in this privacy notice, we keep your personal information for a reasonable period of time, including:
- to provide you with the services and products you have requested;
- to comply with other law, including for the period demanded by our tax authorities;
- to support a claim or defense in court.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do give permission for the information to be used for direct marketing purposes;
- if you have previously agreed to allow us to use your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to us at the address provided in this policy or emailing us at email@example.com or by clicking “unsubscribe” in the email.
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
WEBSITE AREAS BEYOND THE COMPANY’S CONTROL
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES. The Site may contain links to other websites. If you choose to visit other websites, including those of our third-party partners, we are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of those other websites, and it is your responsibility to review the privacy policies at those websites to confirm that you understand and agree with their policies.
INFORMATION RELATING TO YOUR METHOD OF PAYMENT
Payment may be made online or otherwise. At the point of payment online, you are transferred to a secure page on the website of PayPal. That page may be branded to look like a page on our website, but it is not controlled by us.
Other payment options may be made with us per separate terms and conditions agreed to with you via separate contract.
The Site and the Service have security measures in place to prevent the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information that we obtain from you, but we make no assurances about our ability to prevent any such loss or misuse, to you or to any third party arising out of any such loss, misuse, or alteration.
CHILDREN’S PERSONAL INFORMATION
The online channels are designed for a general audience and are not directed to children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from children under the age of 13 through the online channels. If we become aware that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will promptly delete the information from our records. If you believe that a child under the age of 13 may have provided us with personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When we receive a complaint, we will record the information you have given to us. We use that information to resolve your complaint.
If your complaint reasonably requires us to contact some other person, we may elect to give to that other person some of the information contained in your complaint. We do this as infrequently as possible, but it is a matter for our sole discretion as to whether we do give information, and if we do, what that information is.
We may also compile statistics showing information obtained from this source to assess the level of service we provide, but not in a way that could identify you or any other person.
DATA MAY BE PROCESSED OUTSIDE THE EUROPEAN UNION
The Site is hosted in the United States.
Use and transfer of your information out of the EEA
This website is operated in the United States and third parties with whom we might share your personal information as explained above are also located in the United States. If you are located in the EEA or elsewhere outside of the United States, please be aware that any information you provide will be transferred to the United States.
By using this website, participating in any of its services and/or providing your information, you consent to this transfer.
These countries do not have the same data protection laws as the United Kingdom and the EEA. Transfers subject to appropriate safeguards of the General Data Protection Regulation are designed to help safeguard your privacy rights and give you remedies in the unlikely event of a misuse of your personal information. To obtain a copy of such safeguards, please visit the GDPR website at https://gdpr-info.eu/.
COMPLIANCE WITH THE LAW